The Shout TS is the last generation handheld satellite tracker and messaging device from Nal Research. It is the Nano version but with a resistive touchscreen allowing quick access to the menus and ease of texting via the on-screen keyboards.
Similar to the Nano, the TS is designed with ultra-low power consumption electronics drawing less than 35µA during sleep. With an internal 1.95 A-Hr rechargeable Li-Ion battery, it can send a position report every hour for up to 2 months (1,500 reports).
The device can periodically wake up from sleep to send its position report to a command center. A guarded 911 button is used for immediate emergency/alert notifications. Data are packaged in either standard or 256-bit AES encrypted 10-bytes or 30-bytes format.
- Normal Tracking : programmed to automatically wake up and send a position report at a set interval ranging from continuous to once every seven days.
- Emergency Alert : sends alerts to a designated monitoring center using a panic button. The monitoring center and the user can then communicate to define further specifics of the emergency.
- Text Messaging : sends text via touchscreen keyboards.
- Canned Text Messaging : sends canned (pre-defined) messages in short codes to save bandwidth instead of the entire message body.
- Check-In : allows a quick check-in message to be sent using a single soft key.
- Waypoint : Messaging with gps coordinates at a press of a touch