This is a “no screen” version of the Shout series from Nal Research. It is a body-worn tracker/messaging device weighing less than 85 grams (3oz). Both the Iridium and GPS antennas are embedded inside the enclosure. The operating parameters are set with a computer via a USB port.
The Nal Shout NS can also be connected to a smart phone via Bluetooth for two-way messaging and parameter settings.
As all the Nal Shout series, it can be used as a portable tracker or inside a vehicle, a boat or even a small aircraft
With an internal 650 mA-Hr rechargeable battery, the Shout NS can send a position report every hour for up to 20 days (about 480 reports). It can also operate with a CR123 non-rechargeable battery.
It supports transmission of free-text, canned messages and a combination of free-text and canned messages via a smart phone. The device can periodically wake up from sleep to send its position report to a command center.
A dual SOS button feature is used for immediate emergency/alert notifications. Data is packaged in either standard or 256-bit AES encrypted format.
- Low-cost, body-worn tracker and messaging device
- Programmed for either DoD or commercial Iridiumgateway
- Ultra-low power consumption
- Automatic location reports (~480 reports (ns),~1,600 reports (nsx) )
- iOS / Android app for added capabilities
- ATAK compatibility options available
- 911 alert switch
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Free-text, canned messages, or combined free-textand canned messages via smart phone
- Data logging (waypoints and tracking reports)
- 256-bit AES encryption
- Real-time, pole-to-pole coverage
- Weighs ~3 ounces (ns) / ~4.6 ounces (nsx)
- Volume of 3.0” x 1.8” x 0.7” (ns)
- Volume of 4.7” x 1.8” x 0.7” (nsx)
- Internal rechargeable battery using AC adapter,
- USB port, or solar charger
- Integrated motion sensor
- USB Micro-B interface
- 72-channel GPS receiver with -160 dBm sensitivity
|Dimensions (LxWxD)||3.0” x 1.8” x 0.7” (76 x 46 x 18 mm)|
|Weight||3 oz (85 g)|
|Enclosure||High performance engineered polymer|
|Power Input||External DC power or internal battery|
|Battery||Lithium Ion (Iridium) / Lithium 5-yr battery (C-S)|
|Transmission Power||1.0 W (Iridium) / 5.0 W (Cospas-Sarsat)|
|Encryption||AES 256-bit on transmit & receive|
|GPS Receiver Type||1575.42 MHz (L1), 50-channel, C/A code, -160 dBm|
|GPS Accuracy||2.5 m CEP (Iridium)|
|Operating Temp||-4oF to +140oF (-20oC to +60oC)|
|Waterproof||IP67 (1 meter depth – salt or fresh water)|
|Sensor||Integrated motion sensor|