The Thuraya Seagull 5000i has a rugged and compact design for the harsh environment whilst also being lightweight and easy to install. The solution comes complete with a compact terminal, rugged handset and a choice of different external antennas (passive or active). It is one of the only hardware to give voice, data and tracking features in a unique product. The handset supports SMS through its easy-to-use menu on a large colour LCD screen.
Full-duplex IP-based data communication capabilities through the Thuraya GmPRS technology. With 60kbps download capability you can easily stay connected with email, and basic data applications such as weather files, SCADA, and Telemetry.
Data communication capabilities, coupled with an onboard GPS receiver enable the unit to transmit such information as vehicle/vessel identity, position and date and time of the position. Tracking and monitoring functions are user-configurable for fixed time interval or event-triggered operation. They can also be remotely triggered by the control service center. Both internal and external panic buttons are available for emergency use. When a panic button is activated, the unit shall immediately send a pre-determined SOS message which includes the time-stamped GPS coordinates to a maximum of three preset contacts for emergency response.
- One panic button for sending an emergency alert to pre-configured contacts via SMS and/or GmPRS
- External Panic button input port
- Ringer output port (external ringer is optional)
- Configurable to support
- Automatic Position Reports (APR)
- Polling for an on demand position report
- Geo-fencing. Up to 10 polygon areas can be configured
- Sends an alert when the vessel enters or leaves an area
- GPS data output in NMEA-0183 format through RS-232
- USB device port for firmware upgrade
- Save position logs in device memory for later retrieval
- Over-the-air update of system configuration parameters
- Supports basic telephony functions, Calling Line Identification Presentation (CLIP) and Short Message Services (SMS)