The Shout Nano is a pocket sized handheld, global two-way satellite messaging and personal tracking device. It utilizes Iridium’s short burst data (SBD) service to provide location information determined by a GPS receiver, two-way inbound and outbound status, text messaging, and emergency/alert notifications.
The Nano is one of the smallest satellite beacon available on the market and only measures 4.0” x 2.2” x 0.8” and weighs ~6.5 ounces. It has battery and antennas integrated in this very small form factor.
- Normal Tracking : programmed to automatically wake up and send a position report at a set interval ranging from continuous to once every seven days.
- Emergency Alert : sends alerts to a designated monitoring center using a panic button. The monitoring center and the user can then communicate to define further specifics of the emergency.
- Text Messaging : sends text via three different sets of on-screen keyboards.
- Canned Text Messaging : sends canned (pre-defined) messages in short codes to save bandwidth instead of the entire message body.
- Check-In : allows a quick check-in message to be sent using a single soft key.
- Waypoint : Messaging with gps coordinates at a press of a touch