Mobius is a software program that runs on a Windows laptop or tablet PC and links to our server over a choice of wireless networks including satellite and terrestrial. Mobius, with its real-time wireless communications link, provides two-way text messaging with the base office, plus on-screen GPS navigation and location data relayed to base computers.
Other on-board programs processing data such as field reports or freight manifests can be sent as e-mail file attachments via Mobius. It provides drivers with live on-screen navigation where the total route is displayed with the various stops/start times reported. The driver’s screen receives GPS updates every few seconds. The same GPS information can be displayed on the dispatcher’s screen with updates based on programmed settings.
Mobius allows the use of multiple networks with automatic selection. As an example, if the vehicle travels outside the local wireless network coverage area, Mobius will switch automatically to satellite if a satellite transceiver is attached.
- Choice of networks including multi-mode. GSM-GPRS, CDMA 1X, Mobile Radio and Satellite networks, including Iridium, MSAT-1 and Inmarsat BGAN
- Multiple wireless network connectivity, including satellite with automatic switching for lowest cost link
- On-screen navigation with GPS vehicle location superimposed on map
- GPS locations sent to base mapping and messaging terminals
- F-key options for emergency alerts sent to base with optional automatic forwarding to cell-phone
- Outbound and inbound file attachment
- Real-time two-way text messaging