Iridium Nal 9602GSM can send either a standard or a 256-bit AES encrypted GPS report at a pre-programmed interval ranging from continuous to once every seven days. The interval can be changed remotely while the unit is in the field.
There is an available serial port that can be used to communicate with an external sensor or data terminal equipment (DTE) such as a PDA. There are also seven discrete I/Os for external sensor interfaces as well.
Iridium Nal 9602GSM has a guarded Emergency switch to alert the recipient of an emergency situation as well as to indicate proper operation of the tracker. It has six LEDs providing the status of power input, GPS fix, Iridium connection, Cellular connection, SBD transmission and emergency alert.
Iridium Nal 9602GSM is designed with ultra-low power consumption electronics. At stand-by mode, the unit draws less than 65µA in the range of 3.5VDC to 5.5VDC input. Therefore, with a 2A-Hr Li-battery (the size of an AA Alkaline battery), it is capable of delivering uninterrupted service of up to two years with two reports per day. Battery life can be further extended by using a builtin motion sensor to reduce reporting frequency when a platform is not in motion.
Iridium Nal 9602GSM has the following features:
- Ultra-low power consumption with standby current of less than 65µA
- Wide input voltage range from 5V to 32V
- Internal motion sensor
- Two RS232 level I/Os for sensor interfaces
- Seven TTL/CMOS level I/Os for sensor interfaces
- AES 256-bit encryption both transmit/receive
- GPS sensitivity of –160dBm
- Pocket-size, self-contained satellite tracker
- Onboard geofencing with ability to load various shapes
- Real-time reporting and truly global coverage
- Iridium and GSM link